Reefmaster Mini

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Mike Holden

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
Hey guys! So I have an Olympus E510 DSLR and would like to take pictures on my dives! After some investigating the underwater housing for my Oly will cost More than 3-4 Sealife cameras! lol.. So here I am!

I'm an invertebrate guy... So I'm looking for a decent macro capability. I also want to try and keep the price fairly low (think ~$300). I know I'm asking a lot. But figured I'd give it a shot. I was looking at the Sealife Reefmaster 2.1 Mini. Any opinions on that? Or perhaps suggestions on where to go? I know NOTHING and am trying to educate myself on the subject. I was about to purchase a GoPro when a fellow diver at the a local dive spot said "I'm not saying don't buy the GoPro... I'm just saying you need to research it more and ask around before you do". which I took to mean "NO!" lol Thanks guys!

I have the Sealife Mini II. I believe the Reefmaster Mini is the newer version of mine however I can't figure out what exactly the upgrade is. I have the wide angle lense which is a nice feature. It's really easy to use and I got one nice picture out of about 15 taken. The only down side is mine eats batteries like crazy, barely made through 1 1/2 dives but maybe they fixed this in the Reefmaster. My friends bought the Sealife DC1400 but haven't taken UW pics yet...good luck, let us know if you get it, how you like it.

Back
Top Bottom