Reefmaster Mini with SL960 Flash question

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Diehl

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
I got the older style Flash strobe for my Reefmaster mini and was hoping for some hints or help with it. I'm leaving for the Turks and Caico's next week and I wont have time to order a diffuser for the strobe so what can I do to help with pictures down around 70 ft. with 100ft vis? Also when i switch to video mode which I like to do should I also switch to sea mode? Then back to ext. flash when done? Can I use my hand for a diffuser if I'm getting to much flash? I also have the wide angle lense should I leave it on all the time would that help in the quality? And at what distance is best when there is great visability around 60-75ft. Thanks

Take a bunch of coffee filters with you. Tape/rubber band them to the flash to diffuse the light. You have to change them after each dive -- but it's better than blowing out parts of your pictures.

I got the older style Flash strobe for my Reefmaster mini and was hoping for some hints or help with it. I'm leaving for the Turks and Caico's next week and I wont have time to order a diffuser for the strobe so what can I do to help with pictures down around 70 ft. with 100ft vis? Also when i switch to video mode which I like to do should I also switch to sea mode? Then back to ext. flash when done? Can I use my hand for a diffuser if I'm getting to much flash? I also have the wide angle lense should I leave it on all the time would that help in the quality? And at what distance is best when there is great visability around 60-75ft. Thanks

Take a bunch of coffee filters with you. Tape/rubber band them to the flash to diffuse the light. You have to change them after each dive -- but it's better than blowing out parts of your pictures.

Or you can take white plastic store bags and rubber bands and tape the bags can be trimmed and pulled tight to remove air pockets and the do not come apart in water.

Back
Top Bottom