Reefmaster Mini Shots

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ScubaSteve772

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
I have seen several posts in the past asking about this camera and one member that posted some images about a month ago. Here are a few shots from my first outing with this camera in French Polynesia. I have never done UW photography, but have enjoyed traditional photography for years. These images are un-edited aside from resizing for viewing so that you can get a feel for how this camera shoots.

No strobe used, and no external flash on shots posted. Shooting mode set to "Sea" and preset white balance options utilized (>25 feet and <25 feet).

PICT0201.jpg

Buzzed by Mother and Calf at Tiputa pass in Rangiroa; Amazing experience. No zoom on this shoot, they made several close passes to check us out.

PICT0036.jpg

PICT0206.jpg

PICT0152.jpg

~52 eagle rays shot from above in Bora Bora. We were around 25 meters, they were another 15ish below us.

PICT0049.jpg

The B&W shots from this camera were some of my favorites, but I've always been a sucker for B&W.

For what this camera is, I am very pleased. It fit easily into my BC pocket and took adequate pictures for a point and shoot (some issues with colors and auto focus, but in the range of what I expected for a $300 camera). Over water pictures turned out pretty good also. It was nice to be able to take shots from the dive boat and not worry about my good camera gear getting beat up. I will be getting geared up in the future with a better setup, but this camera will work great until then and will most likely come with me on any dive/trip that I don't want to haul the "big" setup on.

No lens (but will get one next time i go) and didn't try the video on it underwater, but messed around on the surface with it for a bit. I only had 1 SD card on me so didn't bring any video home, had to save space.

Dive Right In Scuba:
Sounds good....If your Interested, buy the Wide Angle lens and I will throw in another Gig of SD memory for you :wink:

Mike

I will take you up on that once my wallet recovers from Bora Bora :icoeek:.

Back
Top Bottom