Reefmaster issues

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Bazooka Joe

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I have had my Reefmaster Mini for about 1.5 years and it is a remarkable camera. I was up at Vortex springs this last weekend and the camera started to give my some signs of impending doom. I can turn on the camera and go through the menus just fine, when I go to snap a picture, the camera will not take. The shutter button moves smoothly (no stickyness), I just could not take a picture. I am used to the camera having a delay when turning it on, from the time I can see my furture picture in the view finder to being able to snap the pic is usually about 5-10 seconds. That has been getting longer and longer. TO finally get a picture take I tried timer mode and 10s delay, pushed the button and the count down started so that should eliminate the shutter button.

I have a trip at the end of Nov over Thanksgiving and if I need to send it in, then I want to not wait until the last minute.

Problems:

Power up to being able to take picture delay seems to be getting longer (even with fresh batterys)

Shutter button is getting quirky, will not work sometimes unless you put camera in timer mode. After the first pic is taken the shutter button works fine, until you power off.

Maybe you need a faster (higher class rating) SD card

Reloaded the firmware took care of the issue.

Back
Top Bottom