Reefmaster DC200 and Two Strobes

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

JRRKAR

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I just acquired an eBay special on a second strobe for my Reefmaster DC200. I got it as a backup to the first strobe in case something broke in my first strobe during vacation; which just happened on a recent trip to Cayman Brac. My question though is...has anyone used two strobes with a Reefmaster setup? If so, do you have any tips and/or experiences to share?

Jeff

My first UW camera was a film Reefmaster with dual strobes.........the camera is capable of getting some very nice shots if you use the 3x lens and stay close......You'll need a longer attachment screw to use both strobes, but it's worth it ..........dual strobes give you a lot better coverage and will make up for poor aiming......with duals you're better off aiming pretty much straight ahead......most people aim their dual strobes in too much........they should almost be parallel with the lens..........

you can buy 3" extensions for your strobe arms and small weights that go inside the strobes to make the system neutral or slightly negative.......the extensions help get the strobe head farther away from the lens

Have Fun

Karl

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom