reefmaster dc100

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

RadRob

Contributor
Reaction score
I love photography and want to expand into underwater pics. I have great cameras for topside, but the underwater cameras I have are limited. Like, I have one to chose from. In the past 7 years I have been layed off, had two kids, and chose to return to school. Needless to say, my "toy fund" has been greatly reduced. Plus my dad always said I have champagne taste on a beer budget.

To the point... I was given a reefmaster dc100 land and sea digital camera. The flash isn't bright enough and the camera itself has a lot fewer functions and adjustments than my other cameras. The pics don't come out as good as I would like. I would like to add a strobe to bring out colors and brighten things up a bit but I am not convinced I should put any of my limited funds into something that can't take photos I want. I understand that this camera will never be the quality I want. Does this camera have any hope or should I sell on ebay and save for a year (which I can't save very well so a year will end up being 5 years) or are there any tips you guys have so I can at least pactice and get SOME pics? I think I can settle for now, but should I get a strobe for this camera and if so, will it be useable on my upgrade later?

Thanks in advance for the help and thanks for the great tips I have read in this section so far.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom