REE number for 1995 vintage Tank

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

bt716

Reaction score
Hello,

IÃÎ hoping to get some help or at least another direction to pursue on getting the REE number to have my tank Hydro tested.

I bought the tank about 12 years ago brand new when I was first thinking about doing SCUBA, I never used the tank in the Ocean and it has been stored inside with air since purchased. I just got re-interested in doing SCUBA, finished my program and would like to use this tank. I have tried contacting Faber three times now without response to get the REE number needed before they can Hydro test the tank. I have since purchase a new 130 steel tank (not a Faber) and would still like this tank as a second.

Can anyone help?

Thanks

Brian
SF Bay Area

Tank information:
Serial #: DOT 3AA-2-00 95/903V 167 M9 808 Faber 03 95+ D.C.I.

You don't need the REE to get the tank hydroed. You need it to obtain the + rating

That is most likely a Faber LP95.
2400psi service pressure, 2640 with the + rating (as indicated by the "03/95+" original hydro date).

The REE number for most Faber LP95s is 75. I believe I have seen one that was 73.

As the poster above said, you don't need the REE number to actually hydro the test, you only need it if they are going to test it "for the plus" (which I would recommend). If you look on the neck of the cylinder it probably says "REE75" on there somewhere.

If its not stamped on the tank (older ones often weren't), the hydro shop is unlikely to just take your word for the REE number.

As other have mentioned tho, you don't need it for a 3AA tank anyway. Just bring the tank in and ask them to test it and plus rate it. Chances are good, since its really not that old, that they have a REE number on file already and can plus rate it for you.

If they waffle on what exactly the plus rating is, find another shop. If they point to the tank and say they can't do the plus without an REE number you can accept the lower pressure fills or find another shop. Or its quite possible your fill station won't care too much and will continue to fill it to 2640psi or more.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom