REE for Norris cylinder

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

northcoastdiver

ScubaBoard Supporter
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
I'm looking for the REE for a Norris 3AA cylinder mfd in 1973. It's a standard 72 (71.2) with a service pressure of 2250. Any help would be appreciated

Good luck, and please post it here if you should find it. The REE for steel 72s is the tank wonk's holy grail. Many have tried to find it, but I haven't heard of anyone succeeding. Norris in particular has no interest in supporting products 1 year old, let alone 20. Also, even if even if you can find an REE for it, unless it's on an official document of some sort, you may have trouble convincing the hydro shop to use it. If you want a "+" on your 72, your best bet is to find a shop that will do it, and don't ask too many questions about just how.

My bet is that 60 is about right, but I haven't been able to confirm it.

I'm looking for the REE for a Norris 3AA cylinder mfd in 1973. It's a standard 72 (71.2) with a service pressure of 2250. Any help would be appreciated

If I find anything I'll post it - no luck so far.

I agree with oxyhacker, it's probably somewhere between 55 and 60. It might be hidden away in some GCA document as GCA does list REE's for some common commercial cylinders but you have to be a member to get any information from them.

REEs for common commercial cylinders are in CGA pamphlet C-5. And you don't have to be a member to get a copy - just cough up $88, and you can own all 12 pages of it.

It might be hidden away in some GCA document as GCA does list REE's for some common commercial cylinders but you have to be a member to get any information from them.

REEs for common commercial cylinders are in CGA pamphlet C-5. And you don't have to be a member to get a copy - just cough up $88, and you can own all 12 pages of it.

Have you seen it and it doesn't contain the REE for the 72?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom