Red Sea Liveaboard

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Hello there,

I am planning a dive trip to the red sea in April and would appreciate some recommendations.

As much as I want to dive the Thistlegorm, I am also interested in seeing Hammerheads so I think I should go South to Marsa Alam.

I am currently in contact with the Aggressor, Emperor, and Extra Divers.

Is there any other fleet/dive center i should consider?
Where can I find the best deals?

Thanks,
Marv

Hammerhead can be seen around the Brother Islands, as well as Longimanus (Oceanic Whit tip) or at Elphinstone (if there is a current). There are quite a few operators, like the Emporor fleet, the Blueplanet etc, They are all good companies. I presumed u want do to a liveaboard?
I hear some trips up North are being cancelled at the moment. I don't know the reason for this, might be the unrest in the Sinai. Last week al tourist in the Sharm el Sheikh resorts were evacuated and out government (the Netherlands) strongly advises to go there now.
I'm going to Marsa Alam next week for a live aboard, doing the southern route.

Not by me, but nice anyway [video=youtube;jFRgLTflPfk]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jFRgLTflPfk&list=UUe0FluEdKJ1LtUk6XDy7vHA& feature=share[/video]
Except for the DM annoying the shark..

Thanks for the reply.

Yes, I am looking for a liveaboard.

The ones from Emperor are all not confirmed (Fury & St Johns or South & St Johns) .

I will check now about Blue Planet.

With which live aboard will you be going?
Please let me know how it goes.

I've done two liveaboard trips on the MV Tala of Red Sea Explorers. It's not the most luxurious boat on the Red Sea, I'm sure, but it's comfortable and kept in very good repair. And you simply can't have more fun diving than you will have off the Tala. Super nice people, great crew, and they have SCOOTERS!

Till now I mostly tending towards Emperor.

Will start my visa process today and by the time it's ready will make a final decision.

Thanks!

I enjoyed diving with Blue O Two when we did their Best of the Red Sea itinerary. Here's the link to their tour options. blue o two

The cabin was very comfortable, food decent, and service terrific!

Some highlights were seeing huge Napolean Wrasse, Oceanic White Tips, and Hammerheads.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom