Red sea (liveaboard +shore) in february?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I have had divers on the Cassiopeia and Andromeda recently, charters to both Sudan and Egypt Red Sea and no problems thru the airports or on the land travel at all.

Hi Tamas970
I have only been diving in Sharm el Sheikh during the months of January and February (I worked there as a dive instructor). It was a little bit colder and windier than December or March-April, but still okay. I got by with a 5mm and a vest with a hood.
I think Marsa Alam is warmer than Sharm el Sheikh in January and February - both the water and the air.
As for liveaboards January-February is the low-season - many boats go into drydock.
Many boats that still do trips do the wreck trips along the coast during winter time. I have found one company that does have some interesting southern itineraries in February (incl Rocky Island where there has been tiger sharks for the last 6 months):
Termine 2016 • Divers Heaven Fleet - Rotes Meer

PS - If your liveaboard in February includes Rocky Island, could you maybe report back if you encounter tiger sharks at Rocky Island?

Thanks for all the feedback, I ended up with the same operator as last year: visited the Wadi Lahami base in February because a lot of boats were canceled that time. No regrets, many wonderful new dives under the belt:)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom