Red Sea in september

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

No wrecks at Ras Mohammed, day boat from Sharm El Sheikh also no wrecks at Sha'ab El Erg Dolphin House/Poseidon Gardens, day boat from Hurghada. Reef sharks at Sha'ab Marsa Alam, day boat from Coraya.

There is so much life shore diving, Dugong at Sheikh Maleg and Marsa Egla.
DiverLux, a few questions on this thread if you don't mind. I've poked around and cannot seem to find where Sheikh Malek and Marsa Egla are. And is there a hotel at either spot? What do you think the options are of encountering a Dugong snorkeling at either of those places? I'm heading south after disembarking in Hrghada (Sept.) from a short-trip dive boat and will have about 10 days, am looking at El Quseir (possibly Roots Camp though it seems pricey for what it is) , at least a night in the Marsa Shagra Hotel just because of the architecture, and Marsa Shagra. Some diving, lots of snorkeling. Thanks!

Sorry I missed your post. I have been to Mara Shagra three times and always like diving there. Very professional and lots of options.

In El Quesir I stay at Mangrove Bay Resort, where Ducks Diving runs the dive operation. I also like Sharm El Naga, near Safaga. Good shore diving, and more affordable than most, but does not offer as many amenities as some of the other places. In Safaga, Dune, which is a global operation, runs day and liveaboard trips.

Attached is a picture of a Dugong I photographed on a zodiac dive from Marsa Shagra.

Attachments

• GOPR2525.JPG
    GOPR2525.JPG
    29.8 KB · Views: 37
Hi everyone.

My girlfriend and I are going to the Red Sea in september. There are a lot of routes and we are confused. We know there are a lot of wrecks there but we don´t like wrecks. What we like is sea life. Small and big (Corals, small fish, sharks...).

In that date, which are the bes routes?

Thank you.

Best regards

If you don't like wrecks, choose BDE (Brothers - Daedalus - Elphinstone) or St John's (far south) or Rocky - Zabargad ... avoid north.

There are dozens of liveaboard in the Red Sea, from less than 1000 usd (for a week) up to 3000 usd and more; the only difference is more luxury, but all of them dive at the same spots and see the same things...

:cool:

DiverLux, a few questions on this thread if you don't mind. I've poked around and cannot seem to find where Sheikh Malek and Marsa Egla are. And is there a hotel at either spot? What do you think the options are of encountering a Dugong snorkeling at either of those places? I'm heading south after disembarking in Hrghada (Sept.) from a short-trip dive boat and will have about 10 days, am looking at El Quseir (possibly Roots Camp though it seems pricey for what it is) , at least a night in the Marsa Shagra Hotel just because of the architecture, and Marsa Shagra. Some diving, lots of snorkeling. Thanks!
ooooops I missed your post, look at here

Sheikh malek
Marsa egla

I always book flight, transfer, and hotel through my local tour operator at home for a 1 week stay and normally dive with the dive centre close by, and I only pre-book my diving or giving them notice of my arrival so I can get the better only-line price. Happy diving.

ooooops I missed your post, look at here

Sheikh malek
Marsa egla

I always book flight, transfer, and hotel through my local tour operator at home for a 1 week stay and normally dive with the dive centre close by, and I only pre-book my diving or giving them notice of my arrival so I can get the better only-line price. Happy diving.
Thanks so much for your reply and links! Am finally done making reservations. After the dive boat, I'll spend a night at the El Quseir Hotel, then on to Marsa Shagra, then when they kick me out:), up to Three Coners Fairouz, which should have lots of good snorkeling.

and how on earth did you find out about Al Quseir Hotel I wonder,
the Three Corners Fayrouz is said to be excellent and it's walking distance to Port Ghalib !
Lots and lots and lots of research. Tripadvisor has been good for reviews.

Back
Top Bottom