Recreational NDL times ?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I would use .32 as Dil on this dive with my rig it makes good sense. At any point in the 60 foot dive I can reduce the PO2 from the discussed SP which is the job of the Dil and I won't use as many molecules from the O2 cylinder.

I keep forgetting the recreational rebreathers don't allow logical application of more traditional CCR processes and efficiencies. Cross checking the cells regardless of fo2 and depth is not difficult, simple multiplication. I didn't realize the Poseidon would fail to start if the FO2 doesn't equal air. Wonder what happens if you put 21/35 Trimix in it and run it as air? Will it pass??

I would use .32 as Dil on this dive with my rig it makes good sense. At any point in the 60 foot dive I can reduce the PO2 from the discussed SP which is the job of the Dil and I won't use as many molecules from the O2 cylinder.

I keep forgetting the recreational rebreathers don't allow logical application of more traditional CCR processes and efficiencies. Cross checking the cells regardless of fo2 and depth is not difficult, simple multiplication.
Absolutely - Manually calculate based on depth or get the calculation from a Shearwater with either 1 or 2 right button clicks as you start a dil flush.

I didn't realize the Poseidon would fail to start if the FO2 doesn't equal air. Wonder what happens if you put 21/35 Trimix in it and run it as air? Will it pass??

It will pass validation as the unit only has O2 sensors but there's nowhere you can enter the Helium fraction so its benefits are not utilized by the dive computer.

Its cheap and easy for me to do 100% O2 and Air dil vs 100% O2 and a Nitrox Dil. I'm not sure I see any real benefit of using Nitrox in dil at all unless its easy to source - At depth, a PPO2 of 1.3 is the same mix of O2 and Nitrogen - Just less O2 is used from the O2 bottle and more dil is possibly used to pull down PPO2 if needed.

Happy diving!

Back
Top Bottom