Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Thanks for the input! Its great to hear from someone as well who has been to both places! That definitely changed our view of LBJ.
And the last input is about the Town, Labuan Bajo is now quite super nice with a marina, road, electricity and with nicer restaurants and shops coming over. the pandemic stopped all, with massive bankruptcy but I believe everything with start again soon, and the best is coming soon over this new city.

The last point I forgot to mention is about the international terminal!! yes, you read it properly, and it's under construction officially. Just saw it last week. Meaning that Singapore will manage the flight from the US and Europe to Labuan Bajo ... from a shithole to international places... quite amazing, no?

Not sure OP is still looking but I've met many international dive guides, dive masters, dive instructurs all over Indonesia who did their training at Lumba-lumba in Aceh. Ton and Marjan run a tight ship over there. The cost is also pretty low, I imagine, since Pulau Weh (where they're based) isn't super touristy. Plus, Acehnese food and coffee and snacks!!!
I've known them since 2004 and probably Lumba-lumba is my most visited dive resort - they survived martial law, tsunami. I hope they survive the pandemic. Give them a chat.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom