Recommended light for cylinder VIPs?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Here's a photo of the white light I made. I've got another one with UV lights.

View attachment 741021
My first one was pretty much like this - I had about a 1/4" piece of wood I cut, then wrapped one side down and up, then the other so all 4 sides had bright white LEDs - and connected to a 12v 18650 battery pack. It works really well but I wanted a cordless. So got some petg tubes, some loose LEDs, a small push button flashlight, some wire and my soldering iron and built one that looks very much like the PSI light. It has one 18650 battery in the handle (made from 1" pvc) with a push button on the end, a 5v converter, a bit of copper tubing to go from handle to petg tube. it works great as well - but a bit more fragile to put together. I also got some uv leds and built another one for my O2 clean tanks. They say 365nm, but I think they are closer to 390nm. It seems to work well. All for well less than store bought.

Back
Top Bottom