Recommended: Euro Divers in Amed, Bali (Mini Review)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

iamafish

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
I'm a Fish!
Just completed around 15 dives on the Liberty Wreck in Tulamben, including day and night dives; plus a number of other dive sites in the Tulamben/Amed area. We found we loved diving the Liberty, as we could dive it at 6am to beat the crowds and each dive was unique and breathtaking in it own way. We enjoyed it at all times of the day and all conditions (rain, wind, night, day, great viz, low viz).

We visited a number of dive shops and resorts, but ended up diving with two dive centers, Jukung Diving and Euro Divers when I wanted a dive guide; or exclusively with Euro Divers when we wanted to go out without a guide (Jukung does not rent tanks and weights by policy, even to Divemasters).

Both Jukung and Euro Divers were excellent (Thank You!). Jukung seemed to have a larger staff and lots of very nice and fun loving people to help with gear, water, and other customer service extras; and Euro Divers had a bit less staff, but they also were nice and flexible and had one Balinese Divemaster (Katek) who was one of the finest divers I have even been in the water with.

Katek of Euro Divers has at least 17 years experience diving in Bali and has many thousands of dives. Basically, he is a "man fish" with amazing buoyancy control and moves effortlessly in and out and around the wreck. I never saw anyone move so well with such a minimal effort of moving their fins and with such great buoyancy control.

Since we were both DMs with a lot of dives (but Katek has many thousands more that me), we spent a number of dives exploring the more tricky (tight and confusing) "edge of the light zone" penetrations inside of Liberty, which is not advised for divers without a lot of penetration experience. Katek could move in and out the tight penetrations without touching anything. Truly inspirational and amazing to dive with such an experienced and talented Balinese diver.

Also, I was treated very well by all the staff members in both dive centers; but I really appreciate the tanks, weights and gear (for my friend) from Euro Dive as I worked on a bit of scuba review for her, who was rusty with her buoyancy control and finning. She was "tuned up" and so happy by her third dive on Liberty with me and fell in love with diving. Mission Accomplished! Euro Divers was kind to rent tanks and weights and gear so I could "tune her up" and they were very candid and helpful about various conditions and visibility from day-to-day.

In a nutshell, both Jukung and Euro Divers (thanks Lorenz!) were great and I would not hesitate to dive with either of them again. Euro Divers gets a special plus plus for my experience with an amazing Balinese DM (and very flexible management, thanks again Lorenz!) who knew the Liberty wreck so well, in and out, and for their flexibility on renting gear to qualified divers.

If you have not been diving on the Liberty Wreck, do it! I could dive that wreck every day. When viz is good, it is breathtaking, and when not so good, it is still a great dive. Night diving is also very nice on Liberty.

We will definitely be back!

Thank you Bali and the wonderful people of Bali for your charm, warm smiles and great hospitality!!

Last edited:
https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom