recommended dive islands

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

There are three options in the Turks and Caicos. The first is Grand Turk. It has a decent amount of infrastructure. It has very nice wall diving that is quite close to the dock. Overall, I would think that this is the best option but it is not exactly a luxery kind of place. It isn't bad but if you want a luxery resort, this isn't it.

You could do Salt Cay which is about 8 miles south of Grand Turk. You can fly into Grand Turk and take the ferry or a short flight over to Salt Cay. You would be diving with Salt Cay divers. Salt Cay diving is similar to Grand Turk but probably not quite a good. The major reason to go there is that this is "the island that time forgot". Things can be pretty basic here. There is a very small population there of "belongers" and ex pats. I spend a week diving there and I think I met something like 60% of the population. Like Grand Turk, the dive sites are very close to the dive operation. The diving here is mainly wall diving.

If you want a more upscale experience, Provo is the place to go. The dive sites are a ways off shore.

You could do a weeks livea-board with Blackbeards around the Bahamas for under $1000. They lack the privacy of bigger live-aboards, but make up for it in adventure. Direct flights from Toronto to Nassau are pretty cheap too. If you want a more luxurious trip, try Aqua Cat, good bang for the buck. A islands certainly are.lthough the Bahamas is not off the beaten track, their out

Saba is not ideal for a 13 year old, but St Lucia is nice. Dominica is lovely, but requires island connections. Hope Westjet gets flights going there soon.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom