Recommended Dive Flag?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Zaixon

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
I'm a Fish!
So I am looking to purchase a dive flag being near beach and shore diving seems better to just buy one rather rent.
I have been looking at some stores and have seen many different ones and was wondering which is the best choice and what do you all use.

I have seen the small bouy/flag and weight ones, then theres larger ones of the same style.
then I see some that have large bottoms and are inflatable so u can put stuff on it (like a small raft) and then theres dry ones where u can store lots of things (those being really expensive)
I like the raft idea because sometimes I may carry things I dont plan on bringing down. But will that be a pain to drag along? Just tryin to get your thoughts and see what everyone uses, thanks

Oh this is the one I was talking about Inflatable Float Scuba Dive Flag

MAKO Spearguns - Mako Hawaiian Hard Float

This is what I use. It has a weight to ensure that it stays upright. It is much, much easier to tow than a round float or even a flag that is suspended vertically in the water. It also has sufficient bouyancy to hold you up in an emergency (and it has handles). Lastly, it is tough as nails. This is the best float with flag that I have come across.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom