Recommendations for Trimix Course

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Ah yes, good point. No you cannot teach trimix to someone in a cave unless they are full cave. I have heard of some trimix instuctors that got into trouble for taking trimix students to Eagles Nest several years back, and honestly I thought those instuctors were being a bit reckless.

However, there are some deep wrecks in the gulf not too far from Marianna (far being a relative term once you have driven there from Ft. Lauderdale) and I think those are frequently used.

It's really a shame we cannot use 40 fathom grotto for training. It's perfect for AN/DP and trimix training.

BTW, there's a lot of great deep wreck diving in the Broward / Palm Beach county area. You can probably find a decent trimix instructor closer to home. I can suggest a few people in a private message if you want. You're also welcome to meet me in Grand Cayman next month and pay my helium bill in exchange for trimix training :wink:.

ken

My point is I don't know how you can execute a trimix course in a cave environment without being full cave certified. I'd call Cave Adventures to figure this out in advance.

Additionally, my experience is Edd and Michal teach on different weekends.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
This is really good to know.

Just to be clear, I am planning well ahead before doing anything. Looking for where and with whom to get instruction with. So far I am leaning towards Edd and Cave Adventures.

I definitely want to use my time wisely while out there (that's why the idea of doing both intro to cave and trimix). I figure I'll have between a week and a half and two weeks.

http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom