Recommendations for Tech Instructor (Central/South Georgia/FL Panhandle)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Ianb1122

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Hello all, looking for recommendations on a tech instructor in the central to south Georgia/Florida Panhandle area. I am moving back to the Columbus, GA area from Germany and I would like to start my OC technical training. My goals at this point are to reach deep wrecks on open circuit. Looking to start training to that end probably with an end goal of normoxic trimix. I have not done any tech training in the past, I am an SSI divemaster on the recreational side. I would really like to take the time to find the right instructor and look forward to hearing input from everyone. Thanks in advance.

you need to figure out which deep wrecks you are wanting to dive and I would recommend finding an instructor that is teaching/diving on those wrecks on a regular basis. Proximity to where you live is pretty irrelevant since there aren't any wrecks particularly close to Ft. Benning. Figure out which wrecks you really want to dive and then we can help figure out who to recommend. If you choose a local instructor you will have travel costs for them to get where you're going and may not have the ease of relationships with the local shops where you will need to go to get gas fills. The local instructors will have distinct logistics advantages in that arena.

In the panhandle, Michal Turek would probably be my first recommendation in that area

Ft Lauderdale area where there are a lot more deep wrecks and I would contact @LandonL

@cerich is over in the Macon GA area and is a bang up instructor as well.

http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom