Recommendations for stage kit options?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Use stainless hose clamps (jubilee?), and just chose to take them with me for a week of diving in Mexico. we were diving AL80s, sidemount plus a stage daily.

instead of a screwdriver, I keep an 8mm nut driver in my travel kit. It makes the swaps very easy.

just be cautious with the nut driver for 2 reasons. The main one is I always carried a nut driver but then I bought some worm drives that used a different mm and then another set that were round and you could only use a screwdriver. Didn’t even look at that until I went to use them. The other thing to be cautious of is that it’s easier to crank hard with a nut driver. If you overdo it the worm drive gear can be damaged and stop working.
I prefer a nut driver but always carry a screw driver now.
As to worm drive (jubilee as the op called them) bands and cambands: I used cambands for years but they’re heavier for traveling. I’ve found worm drives lighter and easier to pack. I also think worm drives are easier to use when you need to do a lot of adjusting.

I put Nylon tube around the screw and a piece to hold the tail in place. I also rig a para-cord loop around the tank neck that doubles as the clip leash both top and bottom while also setting the band height so I don't have to travel with a tape measure.

These are great:
DGX Hi-Torque Stainless Steel Clamps | Dive Gear Express®

20200413_101038.jpg

Right, a nut-driver is better than a screwdriver.

best wishes Jens

Back
Top Bottom