Recommendations for Mayan Riviera?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

KidK9

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
I was wondering if anyone could recommend a dive operator in Tulum, in the Mayan Riviera. Anything in Akumal would be fine as well. I will be diving 2 days, probably mostly Cenote diving. Thanks a bunch.

www.cenotes.com

Ask for Gonzalo as your guide in the cenotes. He's fantastic, articulate, patient, knowledgeable, and fun.

KidK9:
I was wondering if anyone could recommend a dive operator in Tulum, in the Mayan Riviera. Anything in Akumal would be fine as well. I will be diving 2 days, probably mostly Cenote diving. Thanks a bunch.

We were in the Tulum area earlier this month. Got in one dive with Hidden Worlds the day we arrived (Dos Ojos). Owner Buddy was a nice guy. There was a small dive shop in the small hotel we stayed (Tankah Inn). Dive shop - www.luckfishdiving.com. Chris was a great DM/guide and really knows his cenotes. We got in 2 ocean dives in Tankah Bay (nice). Last day we got in 2 more cenote dives (Car wash and Gran). We caught the bug.

KidK9:

Although I stayed at a separate all-inclusive that we really liked(Barcelo Maya), we used Aquatech (www.cenotes.com) for our cenote and cave diving. Would definitely use them again. I checked out their accomodations, and they looked nice, but we were quite spoiled with Barcelo, so I'd probably do my diving & lodging the same way next time.

The dive Guide we used was Karen Buechel. Very, very competent and fun to be around! http://www.bayareadivers.net/wb416/reports/RiveriaMaya2004Cave5.shtml

Dove with Dennis at Diablodivers in October. Did Cenotes and reef dives! Great service! Have fun!

KidK9:

We dove last feb. at the Excaret and seen a 35-40' whale shark
and the turtle cleaning station was great
just food for thought
Later

Back
Top Bottom