Recommendations for Manado - May 2008

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I'm thinking of 2 weeks in N. Sulawesi for May 2008. I've been told to split the time between Bunaken and Lembeh areas. Any recommendations on resorts? I'm not concerned with or necessarily desire an upscale luxury resort. I'm more interested in reasonably priced, clean and comfortable place(s) with an outstanding dive operation. Any input would be welcome.

Two great resorts in Manado are
Dive Manado with Lumbalumba Diving Center from Manado, North Sulawesi, Indonesia - Information Page
Home Page

Both excellent and very professional

On the other side of the peninsular for critters and fantastic macro
Lembeh Strait Resort in North Sulawesi - Scuba Diving with Nitrox at Critter Paradise

Hi

I too want to put in a plug for lumbalumba - I stayed with and dived with a bunch of operators/resorts in '06 in the Bunaken/Lembeh area - including Murex, Lembeh, Siladen and Gannga and Lumbalumba blitzed the field in terms of value for $$$ and quality of dive operation - their accommodation is great too and the food and staff were both excellent. Cant recommend them highly enough. Cheers
sisterfin

Hi Ballast,
sorry, that I am giving my recommendation so late.
If you are interested in reasonably priced, clean and comfortable places you’ll find a lot of information and advice, among others the description of 7 resorts with a price range from 8 US $ to 85 US $ p.P.p.N.
The author has been visiting and diving on Bunaken since 6 years now.
If you have read all these information and you need further advice, you can feel free to contact him.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom