Recommendations for IDC+IE in Israel please!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

moshiach

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Hello Scubaboarders!

This is my first question and it is an important and urgent one:

I (PADI DM) want to do a PADI IDC+IE in Israel in the next few months. I'd prefer doing it in on the Red Sea/Eilat, but I'd settle for the Atlantic coast as well. Neighboring countries are out of the question; it has to be in Israel and preferably in English or another European language, not in Hebrew. (I am an Ole Hadash, course is paid for by Misrad Klita).

Thanks 2 000 000!

I have no doubt that there are shops in Eilat that can do the PADI IDC. I did a quick google for 'PADI IDC EILAT' and got a number of results. I see you are in Jerusalem. I know that there is at least one dive shop in Tel Aviv, so you may want to give them a call and see if they offer it. The one I was at was SSI, but they may have an equivalent course to offer. behatzlacha.

Hello Scubaboarders!

Neighboring countries are out of the question; it has to be in Israel and preferably in English or another European language, not in Hebrew. (I am an Ole Hadash, course is paid for by Misrad Klita).

Really?! Very interesting. A new immigrant (Ole Hadash) can get paid dive training.

I just might bump up my Aliyah timetable...

I have a friend who lives in the Country and dives it regularly, send me a pm and I will get you in touch with him. I am sure he can help you.

First, you can try contacting "Jerusalem Divers" and see whether they can arrange something, like doing some of the theory and class stuff in Jerusalem- and all the diving in Eilat...
Phone number is 02-5709426. In this way it can prove more convenient for you, living in Jerusalem.

Second, there is no Atlantic coast in Israel- this country ain't that big :wink:

In Eilat many clubs can teach PADI IDC. Manta is the PADI representative, but other clubs like Aqua Sport also offer PADI training.

Nemo Divers is a small club- I don't know if he teaches IDC- if he does, you'll get personal training there.

Try one of the local forums (like http://diving.tapuz.co.il) to get more recommendations.

Manta 08-6376569
Deep / Siam 08-6323636
Aqua Sport 08-6334404 08-6711365
Nemo 052 3515808

Send me a Private Message if you need more information- I can call you by phone.

contact U-dive in Eilat, Serge will be happy to sell you any PADI course

The link : UDIVE
keep in mind that in Israel SSI are bigger than PADI !!!

ofleisher, thank you for your recommendation and link!

Thanks for your help everybody! I'll let you know how it turned out.

uncleavi, I wonder what office you dealt with and whether/how persistent you were. Initially I was offered bopkiss as well, but I just kept changing p'kidot until I found two who actually tried to help/work. Well, it's too early to celebrate anyway...

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom