recommendations for hotel in Nassau?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

kokanee

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
This is for a stay before and following a Blackbeards cruise. Not interested in AIs, just something clean and basic.

Thanks, Claudia

I stayed at the Towne Hotel on George St. in Nassau after my recent Blackbeard's trip. It was clean, comfortable, quiet and located right in the center of the city an $8 taxi ride from Blackbeard's dock.

Thanks. Looks like Stuart Cove's picks up there also.

Yes, they pick up half a short block up from the hotel at Government House. Very easy walk even with SCUBA gear and video rig.

This is for a stay before and following a Blackbeards cruise. Not interested in AIs, just something clean and basic.

Thanks, Claudia

When are you going? I am going on July 27 and am going to stay at Nassau Harbour Club Hotel. I believe they are right across the street from where we get on board.

When are you going? I am going on July 27 and am going to stay at Nassau Harbour Club Hotel. I believe they are right across the street from where we get on board.

A few of the folks on my trip stayed there. It is convenient with respect to the boat, but they were not impressed with the rooms. However, it does save you the $8 taxi ride to the boat from the Towne Hotel, but you pay more for the taxi from the airport.

April 27th. We are getting there a day early to do Stuart Cove's shark adventure and staying a day later; still not sure what to do with that extra day. Drink rum and watch cruise ship people I guess....

Hi Steve,
I was actually thinking of getting a day pass to Breezes or the RIU, or maybe squeezing in another morning dive, as we don't fly out 'til Monday morning. As long as there is a beach and rum I will be happy:cool2:

Blackbeards' moors at the marina where the Nassau Harbour Club is located. The hotel is clean and basic. There is a coffee shop just across the street in a good sized strip mall and they do a great breakfast. The grocery store in the same mall is well stocked.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom