Recommendations for diving in the Philippines in August!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

myvek

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
I'm traveling from Europe to Manila for work and would like to squeeze in some diving! If I have 6 days for diving in the second week of August, where would you suggest I base myself? I'll like to be some place less affected by the monsoons - so was thinking Dumaguete/Dauin, or Panglao/Bohol, or further south east to Davao. Any other place that I don't know about which could be drier?

Ideally I'd like a variety of the macro/muck and pelagics - but maybe I'm just being greedy
1f609.png
(I went to Malapascua a couple of years back and loved it!). I'm a moderately experienced diver and have dived a lot in SE Asia.

Also, I need to find a place with very reliable wifi because I will have to continue working when I'm not underwater
1f62b.png
Another consideration would be that I'd have things to explore topside if the weather doesn't cooperate.

Thanks in advance for your help!

:rain:

Anilao is a no brainer. 3-3.5 hr drive.
I get a local Sim card and get faster data than the resort.
Anilao is world class macro!

Anilao is a no brainer. 3-3.5 hr drive.
I get a local Sim card and get faster data than the resort.
Anilao is world class macro!

But will the chances be higher of Anilao being affected by the monsoon in August compared to the central Visayas?

Over last few weeks, the country was badly hit by unseasonal rain and storm.
In deed it is all depend on Divine intervention.

Anilao will save you at least one returrn domestic flight + one extra day of diving(fly after diving).
Don't waste your money on private transfer, public transport is very easy to Anilao as long as you don't mind change of bus/jeepney along the way. Pay extra for a seat on jeepney if you have big bag. P300.00 vs US$80.00 is pretty obvious, isn't it?

However, if the OP insist on visiting other area then I would suggest Southern Leyte over Davao/Gen San.
My experience in Davao: I have to pay for my own boat because there wasn't any diver around over weekdays. The small banca could NOT travel very far for obvious reason. Sat and Sun are fine and it is a full day trip by big banca.
General Santos: Better diving than Davao and South Point Divers(Lemlunay Resort) is recommended.

Back
Top Bottom