recommendations for dive light?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Aquamaniac once bubbled...

Or....... go to your LDS, rent a 10w HID UK handheld for 20 bucks and spend the other $500 on a trip to Cozumel or better yet on a new ATX200 set.

LOL! Good Point. :D

Jamesk,
Rennaker lights are actually stealthlights from http://stealthdive.com. If they are the NiMH delrin canisters. The guy that makes these started making these lights before EE did and somehow or another they got the idea to make them. They are made in NY.

Very True. I actually learned that last week, however I am just used to calling them Rennaker lights, since that is where I always see them. :D Besides, I could not remember the website for the maker. Thanks for the info! :D

I just got the UK LIGHT CANNON 100... it is a hand held that is great.... better than any other light I have. It projects a very clear and kind of a white light, I think you would be very pleased with this light.

Rich :mean:

So if CindyH's original question has been answered, does anyone now have a review to post of the Stealthlight?

I could give a reveiw onthe stealth light since I own one but the guy who makes them is now also a friend of mine and my opinons would sound biased. I'll say one thing about Dan the guy who makes them. He is a very anal person. If its not perfect it doesnt fly.

srkdvr once bubbled...
I just got the UK LIGHT CANNON 100... it is a hand held that is great.... better than any other light I have. It projects a very clear and kind of a white light, I think you would be very pleased with this light.

Rich :mean:

I agree. The light cannon is a good way to get HID w/o huge costs.

tholt576 once bubbled...

I agree. The light cannon is a good way to get HID w/o huge costs.

Just be careful to never drop the light and break the bulb. I guarantee your wallet will thank you.

I've got the custom divers HID. What can I say, its small, much lighter than most and has an 8 hour duration!!!! on a 4 hour charge. so it lasts all weekend. Its also bombproof

Only drawback is cost.

I love mine and either belt mount the canister (which is MUCH smaller than Halcyon or Dive rights) or side mount it on my Inspiration

Look at Custom Divers

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom