Recommendations for a Travel Tool Bag

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Jake 10

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
SB please move to the appropriate forum if needed.

I am looking for recommendations on a travel tool bag. We own three sets of Scubapro MK17 with either C370, S600 or S620Ti, and R195 Octo. The spare regulator is a Conshelf SR4 with Aqualung 2nd, 3rd stage. What type of travel tool bag or more specific "tools" you recommend I carry with me on our trips? We value your opinion SB !

Thank you

Bring a spare 1st and 2nd stage and leave the reg repair tools at home.

I wrote an article recently about tool kits with lots of detail. Find it here:

Bring a spare 1st and 2nd stage and leave the reg repair tools at home.

I wrote an article recently about tool kits with lots of detail. Find it here:

thank you for the link :thumb:

I do NOT repair regs on a trip! I take spares. However, the tools I am always using are these:
  1. Thin wrenches to fit both ends of LP and HP hoses, and to fit the SPG. I've used fixed-end wrenches, star tools, and adjustables. My current favorite is a SS adjustable plus a thin-head adjustable (you need two wrenches for the 2nd stage end of the LP hose and for the SPG).
  2. Small SS slip-jaw pliers.
  3. Hex keys for all gear. Easiest is a set, like this, which also has a very useful schrader-valve tool and valve-nut tool. Multi-Tool 8 in 1. Another good set is this, which has an o-ring pick and screwdrivers: Compact Scuba Multi-Tool. Besure your multi-tool keys are metric or imperial, as you need.
  4. Both kinds of screwdrivers (Phillips and flat), sizes as needed. Most multi-bit types are big and heavy, but what you need may be on the multi-tool above. However, I always carry a small multi-bit screwdriver for changing out batteries on computers; the two-prong battery tool for Oceanics is sometime needed, too.
  5. I used to carry an inflator repair tool; now I just carry a spare inflator and rebuild the bad one at home.

I do NOT repair regs on a trip! I take spares. However, the tools I am always using are these:
  1. Thin wrenches to fit both ends of LP and HP hoses, and to fit the SPG. I've used fixed-end wrenches, star tools, and adjustables. My current favorite is a SS adjustable plus a thin-head adjustable (you need two wrenches for the 2nd stage end of the LP hose and for the SPG).
  2. Small SS slip-jaw pliers.
  3. Hex keys for all gear. Easiest is a set, like this, which also has a very useful schrader-valve tool and valve-nut tool. Multi-Tool 8 in 1. Another good set is this, which has an o-ring pick and screwdrivers: Compact Scuba Multi-Tool. Besure your multi-tool keys are metric or imperial, as you need.
  4. Both kinds of screwdrivers (Phillips and flat), sizes as needed. Most multi-bit types are big and heavy, but what you need may be on the multi-tool above. However, I always carry a small multi-bit screwdriver for changing out batteries on computers; the two-prong battery tool for Oceanics is sometime needed, too.
  5. I used to carry an inflator repair tool; now I just carry a spare inflator and rebuild the bad one at home.
What he said; though I would also include a cheap-o IP gauge, just for kicks . . .

Someone gave me one of these. I thought it was a bit of a gimmick but i have used it in a pinch a few times. Has allen keys, open head wrenches, Scubapro hose wrench, pin spanner, inflator tool and a few other useful features. Worth a few grams and the very little space it takes up.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom