recommendations for a dive computer !

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

19DELTA

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
I was thinking about upgrading my old tusa computer...so what do you guys recommend...also I am on a military pay budget...so be kind

I second that motion!

AL

i have been looking at the aeris xr1 console under 200 for air only at scubatoys,about 100 more for nitrox. i need my old one to flood or die to justify buying a new one.

charlie i think you maybe right...my old tusa isnt as fancy...but pretty much does what i need...ok how about underwater camera ? lol mine sucks

Back in the dark ages of film cameras I noted that my Nikon SLR just gathered dust on the shelf, because I was too lazy to bring it with me most of the time. Instead, almost all of my 35mm photos were from a compact Olympus Stylus non-zoom 35mm camera.

So when I decided to go digital, I chose the Olympus Stylus 400 and the Olympus housing that goes with it. Nice and compact camera both above and below water.

The main drawback of any point and shoot camera is the very weak flash, which usually limits you to available light shots for all except macro.

Knowing what I know now, I would not have gone with the Olympus Stylus, because it lacks manual white balance and the ability to manually preset the focus distance. There are some other small, relatively inexpensive cameras that do have manual white balance and manual focus in the Sony, Canon or Pentax lines that would have done better.

I wouldn't sweat getting the highest megapixel camera by any means. For casual underwater shots using available light, your photos will be limited by things like getting good focus, color distortions, and blurring due to camera motion long before any megapixels beyond 4 or 5 become an issue.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom