Recommendations anyone?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I dive with Suunto D4i and am using DM5 software on iOS. Every new software upgrade is a nightmare of revising security settings and downloading and installing additional software and patches. This takes hours/days and commuication with Suunto customer service. Really, it should not be this difficult every time there's an update. I'm over it. Looking for your recommendations about dive computers and software that run on iOS and actually work fairly seamlessly.
As for the computer itself, I'm not a tech diver; current level is rescue, nitrox certified and working on dive master with plans to eventually achieve master instructor.
Thanks for any advice.

My wife and several of my students are very happy with their Deepblu Cosmiq. The app is smooth and updates are done OTA. The app also talks to most Bluetooth computers like the Perdix etc. It’s also a really good price point for what it is.

You can try Subsurface, it is nice, lets you import and export your logs. sync with most dc's.
It is free, open source and works in Mac, iOS, Android, Linux and windows.

If you not like it just try something else, you have not invested anything.

You can try Subsurface, it is nice, lets you import and export your logs. sync with most dc's.
It is free, open source and works in Mac, iOS, Android, Linux and windows.

If you not like it just try something else, you have not invested anything.
I would agree with Subsurface - not used it on IOS but AFAIK it is the exact same as the windows version. They also have a fairly large community and active developers.

As @Magnus Lundstedt says, it is free so if it doesn't work or you don't like it, you have lost nothing but time.

I just made the move last night from DiveLog and DiveLogDT to Macdive on desktop and iOS last night. I will let you know how I like it. Importing the data to Macdive was super easy. Drag and drop the .sql file and that's it! I may continue using both so that I can get a good comparison. One thing I do know for sure that I like better are the printed sheets for DiveLog. I don't much like the layout of the Macdive ones. Another thing is, Macdive requires an internet connection to sync whereas DL and DLDT allow you to do it over the internet or you can create a wifi connection between two devices and sync that way. Otherwise, I think Macdive has the edge since it's a little more user friendly and all encompassing, including the ability to add photos and track things outside of actual dives, mass changes, etc.

An ideal product would be a mesh of the two products for the best of both worlds. :)

Subsurface or MacDive.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom