Recommendation for Scuba Fin

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
Hi all,

I'm a newcomer at scuba diver. I'm from Indonesia. I'm left below the knee amputee. I just start my diving after I get my license. I need some recommendation for scuba fin for below the knee amputee, because I usually must accompanied with my instructor when I 'm dive. It's really hard to have an information at Indonesia.

I need recommendation about the brand that really make me comfort and independent when I'm diving. Also the one that easy when it must send overseas. Thank you for helping before.

Hello Nicky,

From my experience with people with amputations they can dive without any adjustments like fins. Here at my shop a DDI instructor training center we have got several people with ampitations at different places. They were capable to dive with a buddy around the Islands. Maybe here its a bit easy, cos we have only drift dives. But a restaurant owner here has a leg amptitation and dives with any problems, same as a former divemaster at Tulamben in Bali. I should say give it first a try without a special fin, and if it doesnt work you always can buy that fin.

Back
Top Bottom