Recommendation for lift bag sleeve?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

djcheburashka

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I'm hoping someone can recommend a good lift bag sleeve. I have the highland/xs scuba, but it's too small to fit my halcyon 60 lb "BBQ bag." can anyone recommend a larger one?

I hang it off the back of my bc by bolt snaps, not attached to a tank.

FWIW, I carry my 60 lb lift bag in the XS Scuba sleeve I believe you're mentioning.

DoublesSmall.jpg

I put a 7' SMB (55 lbs lift) in there easily as well. I've crammed in a 10' SMB before but it took some creative folding. I know the Halcyon bags can be a bit bigger, but it would have to be huge to not fit this sleeve.

All the best, James

Its not the raw size of the bag that creates the problem. It's more the shape and particularly the position of the pull dump--it just doesn't roll up in a way that goes well with the pouch.

Ah Ha, I understand.

My bags are not rolled, they're folded, specifically to place the dump valves in the "right spots". For example, the bag in the photo is:

• Laid out flat on the floor
  • Top of bag is folded to bottom (throat)
  • Same fold again
  • The sides are folded into center until ~2" narrower than sleeve
  • Slid into sleeve with webbing sticking out ~1.5" as a pull tab

Thus the valve(s) become less of a problem and it's more comfortable than a rolled up lift bag or SMB.

All the best, James

I tried that. It doesn't fit. Well I appreciate the folding advice what I had posted for was a recommendation on a sleeve.

If anyone can recommend one, I'd really appreciate it.

Sorry about that. For a bigger sleeve, I got nothing. I can't say I've even seen one bigger than the XS Scuba one.:(

All the best, James

We were both right-the one xs scuba sells now is substantially bigger than the one highland made. So I replaced it and it's perfect.

Back
Top Bottom