recommendation 4 overnight hotel in Provo?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

opalobsidian

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Hello again!

As our flight to the Turks doesn't arrive in Provo until 830 PM, too late to catch a flight to Grand Turk. Does anyone have a recommendation for an overnight hotel in Provo, hopefully not too far away from the airport?

Thanks so much!
Pamela:wink:

I've heard okay things about the airport inn. It is right at the airport. Do a search and you may find some info. I've never stayed their but it looks clean.

I am also interested in this, as I will be coming into Provo on a friday night and I won't be leaving on my liveaboard untill the next evening. We will rent a small car, so location on the island is not a problem. Anyone know where a good basic place to stay one night might be? Woody

Our travel agent has us booked at the Comfort suites in PLS We'll be down ther for the week of the 12th Aug.
I too, have not been there yet, but you couldn't go to wrong with a confort suite I would think

Hi opalobsidian,

The Airport Inn http://www.provo.net/AirportInn/ is very convenient to the airport, reasonably priced and within walking distance of some local eateries.

BTW, the Comfort Suites is far from the airport and a fairly costly cab fare, showing its age and occasionally has some surly staff.

Have fun.

DocVikingo

We used the Turtle Cove Inn and it was reasonably priced and nice, and handy to nearby restaurants and bars. It used to be really convenient when the Aggressor and the Explorer both docked at Turtle Cove Marina. They rarely do anymore because it's hard to get in/out at low tide. I think both boats now board from the South Dock area, which is in the middle of nowhere and a long taxi ride away.

WOW!! pretty wide range of experiences out of that hotel i wonder why there is such a stark contrast in reports. I talked it over with My wife, and seeing as we are pretty low requirements kinda people, we a planing to stay the course. I will post my opnion when we get back. Al I ever want is a good A/C unit, and a comfortable bed. Everything else is extra IMHO. I'll let you all know how it goes.

Yes Rick, please do report back as I'm curious about what's up with the Comfort Suites as well. Seemed like the bad reports came in mostly regards to the surly attitude of the staff. But what made me run was the reports about problems with water- no pressure etc. I must have a shower!!!

You have a safe and fantastic trip and do tell us all about it afterwards!
Pamela

DocVikingo:
Hi opalobsidian,

The Airport Inn http://www.provo.net/AirportInn/ is very convenient to the airport, reasonably priced and within walking distance of some local eateries.

BTW, the Comfort Suites is far from the airport and a fairly costly cab fare, showing its age and occasionally has some surly staff.

Have fun.

DocVikingo

We stayed at the Airport Inn and thought it was great for a quick overnight. They picked us up at the airport and returned us there the next morning so we could fly on to Salt Cay. The people were very nice, the rooms were clean and the AC was fantastic. The food next door was fine, not great, but all we really wanted was a cold beer, a quick bite to eat and a good night's sleep.

Sandra

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom