Recommend this Spearfishing Seminar to all

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

caloosa

Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Spearfishing Seminar At Bill Jacksons March 10th

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Our first "all day" spearfishing seminar I will be doing in 2007 will be at Bill Jackson's "Shop For Adventure" in Pinellas Park, Florida. Bill Jacksons is one of my favorite seminar locations and the turnout is usually very strong. We had about 85 shooters at our last seminar there. The details are as follows:

Date: Saturday March 10th
Time: 10:00 am to 4:00 pm
Fee: $35.00 for adults & $20.00 for kids 16 and under
Food: Lunch and beverages are included
Door Prize: 52 Sea Hornet HPL Speargun retail value $349.00
Raffle: Yes (prize to be announced)

Phone: 727-576-4169 to register (ask for the dive department)

Address: Bill Jacksons Shop for Adventure
9501 US Hwy. 19 North
Pinellas Park, Fl 33782

Hotel info: The hotel right next door (south) of Bill Jackson's is a Howard Johnsons. The phone is: 727-577-3838.
The address is: 9359 US Highway 19 North Pinellas Park, Florida 33782

Ask for the Bill Jackson seminar rate which is $65.00 for Friday evening March 9th. The seminar is Saturday March 10th.

I will be covering all aspects of spearfishing from beginner to advanced. Some of the topics I will cover are: selecting the proper speargun, how to use it, how not to use it, how to take care of it, proper banding, shaft selection, tip options, stalking techniques, body language, proper shot distances, realistic ranges of a speargun, shot selection, optimizing shot angles, freeshafting, lineshafting, line types, advantages and disadvantages of just about everything involving spearfishing.

This is a large facility so we can easily handle up to 100 shooters. However, it really helps to sign up early so they can plan the food and beverages.

Back
Top Bottom