Recommend budget ultrasonic cleaner

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

WhiteSands

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I've looked at the branded names like Crest, Elmer, Branson, etc. and don't think I want to spend so much on one. I'm only going to be using it infrequently.

Was looking at this model, it's got good reviews, what do you think?

Amazon.com: Kendal Industrial Grade 160 Watts 2.5 Liters Digital Heated Ultrasonic Cleaner: Electronics

Would like recommendations for budget cleaner that's durable and works well. Mostly going to be using it for regulator parts, watch bracelets, wet shaver parts, the occassional carburetor and miscellaneous parts.

Thanks!

I've been using a Harbor Freight, Chicago Tools brand US cleaner for over a year, not continuous use but my regs are clean and so is anything else I drop in there.
Ultrasonic Cleaner - 2.5 Liter

Looks like the one in your link with a different label, only mine is cheaper.

Good Luck

Bob
------------------------------------------------
You only need two tools in life – WD40 and Duct Tape. If it doesn’t move and should, use the WD40. If it shouldn’t move and does, use the Duct Tape.

I have been using a HF one for 4 or 5 years, works fine. They do not heat the water but if you want it warm, just use hot water. For most people, the smaller one Ultrasonic Cleaner - Save on Ultrasonic Cleaners at HFT should do nicely. I got the larger one because I do double hose regs which are over 5 inches across, for single hose regs, the smaller one should be fine.

Thanks Bob and Herman! My regulator "fleet" has grown over the years, and I was toying with getting an Ultrasonic cleaner.... the prices on both those cleaners are better than I'd expected (somehow, I'd convinced myself they were more expensive).

Best wishes.

I've been using a Harbor Freight, Chicago Tools brand US cleaner for over a year, not continuous use but my regs are clean and so is anything else I drop in there.
Ultrasonic Cleaner - 2.5 Liter

Looks like the one in your link with a different label, only mine is cheaper.

Good Luck

Bob
------------------------------------------------
You only need two tools in life – WD40 and Duct Tape. If it doesn’t move and should, use the WD40. If it shouldn’t move and does, use the Duct Tape.

That's the one I have. Works well and has been for going on three years now.

I've been using the 2.5 qt Harbor Freight unit for a few years. It is definately not as powerful (you gotta run it longer) as some of the bigger name units but it works well and just can't be beat for the price. I use it to clean my regs, carbeurators, small engine parts, etc.

Tip: Buy it on sale and use a 20% off coupon. I did that and paid $55 out the door. Then I bought a steel basket off Amazon for $12 delivered.

Sent from behind the safety of my keyboard using Tapatalk 2

Plus one more for the Harbor Freight cleaner. I've used it to clean up some fairly crusty old regs to "almost like new" condition. I bought mine on sale for $60 I think.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom