Building a Better Mousetrap (O2 Analyzer)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

dmdalton:
You will notice on that chart that there is not much of a swing in output over the range of temp and/or humidity. However, if you get the sensor it self chilled to the 15 degree level the output drops so much that you can't even "zero" the analyzer. Happened to us once 2 years ago. Had to warm the sensor up in the truck before we could analyze!

Dave D

your right in my area temp and humid in 90-90 or better which by the chart was a whle percentage point.

thanks.

KWS

After doing research I just purchased an El Cheapo II kit from Patrick Duffy at Oxycheq. I received the kit and two hours later I had a functioning O2 analyzer. Very straightforward and simple kit. The only real hard part was carefully cutting out the openings in the plastic case (used a dremel). Highly recommend Patrick Duffy and Oxycheq. Local LDS is not happy, they missed out on a $365 sale.

Nice job Tiny.

Did you install an adjustable resister between the pot and the board or just a fixed resister?

spyder:
After doing research I just purchased an El Cheapo II kit from Patrick Duffy at Oxycheq. I received the kit and two hours later I had a functioning O2 analyzer. Very straightforward and simple kit. The only real hard part was carefully cutting out the openings in the plastic case (used a dremel). Highly recommend Patrick Duffy and Oxycheq. Local LDS is not happy, they missed out on a $365 sale.

SPYDER I had the same experience when i built mine i am considering putting 2 pots in mine instead of one . total resistance is the same only a perhaps 4:1 ratio in the 2 pots one will be a course adjustment and the other would be a fine adjustment. perhaps a fixed instead of the larger of the pots would work also. the pot is too sensitive for me.

KWS

KWS,

If you will read the post that I started this thread with you will see the instructions and parts to lower the sensitivity by use of a 10 turn wirewound pot & a 25 turn trimmer pot (in place of the fixed resistor).

Dave D

Back
Top Bottom