Recommend a LOB for Similans

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

WhiteSands

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Hi,
I'm looking for recommendataions for a good value for money LOB that goes to the Similans. Looking for the usual diving sites like Similan Islands, Koh Bon, Koh Taichai, Richelieu Rock, etc.

I don't need anything extra fancy, I'm looking for a clean boat, has steady water power/water supply, good crew who are safety conscious and provides reasonably good food. And enough space in the bunks to sleep at night.

Would prefer if they also have twin tanks and Nitrox available.

Which LOB would you recommend?

Hi, I've dived with Khao Lak Scuba Adventures in January 2012 and found them a good value for the money. Vey professional, strict adherence to safety measures, really enjoyed the time. They had either double rooms or bunks for 4 (cheapest option so it was quite difficult getting one). I wrote a review on diving the Similans at the time that might interest you.

have fun there, Richelieu is a fantastic spot

cheers
Joao

I really liked Scubacat...fits your description of their ops to a T. Kat and her crew were great. The northern Similains had much better reef and fish life, IMHO. Go for a 7 day trip (combine their 3 and 4 day trips) and you won't be disappointed.

Hi Whitesands,
We do have a good value boat with a maximum of 12 guests on board, Nitrox is available and the tour leader great with safety, marine life and making the trip enjoyable. You can check out our schedule on the website or send me a mail and I can help arrange a trip for you. As Navi_jen mentioned we also run a 7 day trip to both the north and south andamanto see the best of both area's.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom