"Recent Visitors" or Stalkers?

How often will you view Public Profiles now that visitors are ID'd?

• Less often.

Votes: 47 29.7%
  • About the same.

Votes: 100 63.3%
  • More often.

Votes: 11 7.0%

• Total voters

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Well I just read ALL you ALL'S posts so I guess I'm stalking!:eyebrow: Look out!
:shakehead: Just get off the darn PC and go dive!

Although this is a different issue than I was concerned about, I'd consider it annoying that this "stalker" now has another way of letting you know he's dogging you by showing up on your "Recent visitors" list.

This may be another negative for this "feature" unfortunately.

Had he been harassing in replies to you in threads, it might be easier to take action to curtail his activity. His intent would be more obvious then.

On the contrary, I don't think anything can be done about him for just reading your Public Profile, so he's found a safe way to remind you of his presence.

By the way, how do you know he's been back repeatedly to your PUblic Profile page? His ID only shows up once, doesn't it? Are you seeing multiple ID's for him that you think are fake?

Dave C

How? It is easy to find out.

For example.

He is in my ignore list, so technically he can't read my post and I can't see his post as well.

But, he replied based on my post on some thread. Someone quoted his post so that I could see what he replied based on my post. Mostly, personal attack.
Nobody quoted my post on that thread so that he couldn't read my post without using a different ID.

Yes, on SB, you can read any post without ID as I recall. But, on TDS, you can't read any post without ID. He did at TDS and visited my profile section in SB.

What kind of loco he is?

Well I just read ALL you ALL'S posts so I guess I'm stalking!:eyebrow: Look out!
:shakehead: Just get off the darn PC and go dive!

Thanks for your reading my humble posts. Like I said, as long as you are NOT in my ignore list, who cares!! Keep reading and give me some feedback. :eyebrow:

I will go out diving tomorrow morning... :wink:

How? It is easy to find out.

For example.

He is in my ignore list, so technically he can't read my post and I can't see his post as well.

unless things have changed... you have chosen to ignore a member but they can still read your posts unless they have also put you on ignore

off to test....

unless things have changed... you have chosen to ignore a member but they can still read your posts unless they have also put you on ignore

off to test....

That is correct, Almity. Ignore is a one way feature. The other person can still see & respond to the posts.

thanks Ms Marvel... i thought thats the way it still worked but was off testing to see if there had been any changes

cheers

I can only speak for myself.

But it can be curiosity (picture? new info etc.) or the need to get some background info to better answer a question.

Same here. Also some members have great photos (the U/W type, lol) on their profile pages.

I personally don't think it is a biggy either way. I'll show you mine if you show me yours.

Edit: What the hell?!. Who are all the peeps checkin out my page? And why?

Really, I didn't know that. If then, what is the point of an ignore list? Just self satisfaction? :rofl3:

So, he could have kept tracking my posts so far and visited my profile.... LOL~~~~~

Anyway, I don't care what he read unless he will reply my post. I hope he will find better thing to do.:shakehead:

Really, I didn't know that. If then, what is the point of an ignore list? Just self satisfaction? :rofl3:

So, he could have kept tracking my posts so far and visited my profile.... LOL~~~~~

Anyway, I don't care what he read unless he will reply my post. I hope he will find better thing to do.:shakehead:

I don't think I'm on your ignore list. I just want you to know that I visited your profile because I was trying to see where you were from, simply because of your phrasology. I promise I'm not stalking you.

I don't think I'm on your ignore list. I just want you to know that I visited your profile because I was trying to see where you were from, simply because of your phrasology. I promise I'm not stalking you.

I guess you missed my previous post...

"Thanks for your reading my humble posts. Like I said, as long as you are NOT in my ignore list, who cares!! Keep reading and give me some feedback.
eyebrow.gif
"

Even now, I don't know who you are....:)

I read it. I'm just covering my bases. I sort of feel like I have to justify visiting people's profiles, now, so they don't think I'm stalking.

Like many have said, I visit profiles for a number of reasons, none of which are stalking.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom