Recent scubapro deal....

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

EllyBell

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Hey everyone. In the process of buying some gear for the first time. I've been doing some reading and poking around on here for some reviews. Currently my LDS still has the scubapro deal of buy a BCD w/ Air2, reg and get the Aladdin Prime computer for free. I've checked out reviews and tried on the Ladyhawk ($700 something) and like it. The Reg I was thinking of buying is the mk15/g250v ($600) because I don't need the high end model but need one that handles cold water (live in WI) and get the computer for free (~$480 or so).

I guess I'm looking to see if this is a decent deal from someone that doesn't work at the dive shop. Part of me knows I'll be using this equipment for a long time if taken care of properly, but part of me is like "ekk that's a lot of money!!" and wants to look for something used or try to buy piece by piece.

Still not sure about the Air II, going to try it out in the pool tomorrow. They offered that if I really hate it but want the free computer deal, they will swap out my Air II for an octo for free, but can't get the free comp w/o the air II so would still have to pay the same.

Ugh....just so much to think about!! I wouldn't mind used but I would like to get in some dives this summer. I've seen like 3 used ladyhawks for sale on here, but all the wrong size (need ML). But I"m done rambling now, thanks for putting up if you've gotten this far. :)

ladyhakws are under $500 new at leisurepro (Air II included)

ladyhawk - Search Results for ladyhawk - www.leisurepro.com

the Aladin Prime is $280 new

http://www.leisurepro.com/Catalog.aspx?op=dtSearch&Term=aladin prime

so you could get the same deal for $780 on line

if he is charging you $700, that's a very competitive price, and it will cement your relationship with a local shop. i don't mind paying about 10% premium to buy local.

as far as coldwater regs, i think you can do things a lot cheaper for just the same quality

i would suggest a scubapro mk25/s600 for under $430

http://www.leisurepro.com/Prod/SCPM...eld=Relevance&DescSort=0&Description=on&Hit=1

the Sherwood Blizzard gets a lot of good press among divers too, for a little bit less, around $420

http://www.leisurepro.com/Prod/SWDB...eld=Relevance&DescSort=0&Description=on&Hit=1

Is Leisure Pro an authorized dealer for Scubapro?

i don't think so

they provide their own warranty, however

they also include the manufacturer's registration/warranty card, which you can fill out and send in to receive regular service (at least they did a couple of years ago, i haven't bought anything from them since about 2006)

one sticky point is that if the local shop you take the regs for warranty work finds out that you bought them from Leisurepro, they may refuse service to the regs

to me, it's none of their business where i got the regs, so i dont' divulge that information

i am paying them for the work, it's not a free service

if that's a concern, you can buy from ScubaToys.com with confidence, they're authorized dealers for everything they sell

ladyhakws are under $500 new at leisurepro (Air II included)

ladyhawk - Search Results for ladyhawk - www.leisurepro.com

the Aladin Prime is $280 new

aladin prime - Search Results for aladin prime - www.leisurepro.com

so you could get the same deal for $780 on line

if he is charging you $700, that's a very competitive price, and it will cement your relationship with a local shop. i don't mind paying about 10% premium to buy local.

The BCD is $725, not the whole deal. I would be paying $1325 for both BCD and reg. I really want to support my LDS but after getting a 20% pay cut at work budget is really tight.

Back
Top Bottom