Recent pictures from Dominica

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

plr0

Registered
Reaction score
Hi all, I returned last week from a week of diving in Dominica. This was my second time diving with my camera setup -- a Oly C-5050 in the Oly PT-015 housing - no strobe just using the onboard flash. The first time was in Key Largo and I had problems with the batteries lasting a complete dive.

This time there were no problems. Based on advice from you all, I got a new battery charger - reconditioned all the batteries and I was able to go almost 3 - 1 hour dives on one battery set.

Here are some of the pictures from the trip. Basically, most of these are point and shoot. Towards the end of the dive as I got more comfortable, I started playing with some of the settings during a dive. But most of the time - it was aim, focus and shoot.

Attached is my favorite shot == of an Arrow Crab.

Here's an octopus - plastered to a rock - trying very hard to be invisible.

You almost got the Pederson Cleaning shrimp in that shot of the Arrow Crab. See the two white lines on the lower left edge? That's the shrimps antenae. Great composition of that shot, too.

I like them all. I've never seen an octopus get that flat!!!

Good Job :thumb:.....I better start practicing again!!!!

Great pictures!!

Is that a shrimp in the top right of the frame....a kind of see-through shrimp?

I bet many of us have taken pictures of something, and then find something else in picture when we get home :D

I did this one - at the time it was just a point and shoot of a sponge as I swan past, only to then actually see the arrow crab when I got home and looked at the picture on the PC!!

Sponge%20Crab.jpg

chippy once bubbled...
Great pictures!!

Is that a shrimp in the top right of the frame....a kind of see-through shrimp?

Great picture of the sponge and crab.

I didn't notice the shrimp until I printed the picture at 8x10. I probably took 10 pictures of Arrow Crabs - and didn't know until I got home that I actually got one face forward.

Dee, I did get some cleaner shrimp in other shots. I found about 6-8 cleaner shrimp and the arrow crab under an overhang. This was a great moment for me -- first time I had found them on my own.

I thought I was hooked on diving before this trip -- but now I'm really hooked -- now I have to buy more memory so I don't have to delete so many before I see them on a larger screen.

See the attached picture of the cleaner shrimp.

I can see I haven't learned how to use quotes correctly.

Dee -- just for fun - take a look at this File fish. He was nicely camouflaged. Unfortunately, the focus isn't good enough to blow it up much.

Cute Filefish..he was doing his best, wasn't he? Great cleaner shimp. Those are very hard to get just right.

BTW....I edited Chippys sponge photo out of your quote. :wink:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom