Recent order from Scubatoys thread

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

KidK9

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Well, back in December, I had some trouble with ScubaToys. It's a long story, but basically did not get the gear when they said I would get it, and it arrived 10 days after order when I paid for 3 day shipping. This wouldn't have been a big deal except that I needed it for a trip, and it didn't come. So I sent the stuff back and took my order to LeisurePro (yes I was THAT pissed off) - besides, it was non-life support equipment.

But after everyone on here says how great ScubaToys is, I actually decided to give them a second try. Everyone deserves a second try at things in my opinion. So I was looking for a Dive Rite Classic Wings with Aluminum backplate. For the wings ScubaToys had them for $299, DiveRiteExpress for $299, and LeisurePro $192. After many people bashed LeisurePro (due to no warranty and such), I just decided to give ScubaToys a call.

They matched LP's price. No questions asked, and came with full warranty. Then they said they didn't have the Aluminum BP from DiveRite, so they said they would sell me a Zeagle BP for the price of a Dive Rite. I'd rather wait, so I did, and my brand new gear came today - with the heavy discount.

I'm glad that I gave them a second try, and I'm glad they made up for the past mistake. I will now order from them again due to their better service.

Sorry about the first order... I don't know what happened there. We normally ship the same day or next day (unless of course it's over a weekend) - so I'm not sure how we goofed up the first order. But thanks for giving us a second chance... and glad we came through this time for you. Have a great trip!

********** edited **********

Ok, I couldn't stand it so I had to go research it... You ordered on the saturday before christmas, and it took 2 business days to get it shipped out, which then hit christmas so it did not arrive until the following monday. Holiday shipping always gets slowed down by a day or so... so please accept my apologies for not getting there by christmas. I did check and see that we totally refunded your purchase, even the shipping charges - and thanks again for giving us a second chance.

Also take into consideration that UPS was totally down for several days because of the snow and ice that the midwest got. My sister ran into a similar situation on a package that spent 4 days in Louisville, Kentucky do to weather.

Like I said, it was a long story and this thread is a compliment, not a flame, so I leave that situation in the past. It didn't have anything to do with UPS or the ice...

Quick question. What did you have against the Zeagle b/p. Just curious.

I dont have a thing against it. I was just keeping my rig all Dive Rite. No experience with it and no problems with it.

Back
Top Bottom