RECALL - SureLock II Weight Pocket Handles

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Packrat12,

At this time there has not been a recall to the Sure Lock II "halfmoon" handles. Yes we have made a third revision to a webbing based handle.

Hi Kyle,

If there has not been a recall of the "halfmoon" handles, then there possibly should be. I have had my third "halfmoon" handle fail, on an Axion i3, that is 7 months old and has about 35 dives on it. It's a real shame because I really enjoy the BC. However travelling to Bangkok to get new "halfmoon" handle from the Aqualung distributer, every few months, is becoming less than enjoyable.

Do I need to specifically ask for the "webbing" based design? Or indeed do I need to pay for them?

Cheers

Dave

Last edited:
Do I need to specifically ask for the "webbing" based design? Or indeed do I need to pay for them?

Well to answer my own question, I had my failed "halfmoon" handles replaced with the "webbing" based design handles, by Aquamaster in Bangkok. I didn't have to ask. I am really hoping that this sorts out the issue.

Cheers

Dave

Top marks to Aqua lung.

Reported my broken SureLock handles via Aqualung Australia where I bought the BCD - and within 24 hours I had replacements in my hand via Aqualung vendor in Philippines.

Best customer service I have come across for a long long time with any company !

Cheers

I had my pockets replaced 2 years ago. They are now tearing again. What can I do? Will they be replaced again?

I had my pockets replaced 2 years ago. They are now tearing again. What can I do? Will they be replaced again?

Supposedly they have been recalled again and have the handle attached to nylon webbing.

Ann,

Yes, they will be replaced again. We replaced the rubber handles completely with a new sewn webbing handle. Your local authorized Aqua Lung dive shop can swap the handles out free of charge.

Richard Vaughn
Product Manager
Aqua Lung America

I heard about another recall on one of the models , but can't remember what the issue was.. Is this the same recall for 2016-17??

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom