Rec or Tec?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

A lot of us wear drysuits year round here
I’ve heard of such things. Thankfully, I live in an environment capable of supporting life.

I did have an instructor who wears a dry suit. I was fine in my 3mm wetsuit. It was a dive in Springfed water. Maybe around 70-71 degrees.

You got your first kid at 14 then?
My wife is 42 which was awesome when I was 21 and she was 26... calling him a step son has never felt right so I don't, but inevitably someone does the math and I answer. I was 14 when he was born... which is something we laugh about quite a bit

I’ve heard of such things. Thankfully, I live in an environment capable of supporting life.

I did have an instructor who wears a dry suit. I was fine in my 3mm wetsuit. It was a dive in Springfed water. Maybe around 70-71 degrees.

I like drysuits in 70f... last weekend I watched a guy dive 7mm wet in 40f. Not for me, that's snow on the deck....no thanks.

Attachments

• 271445601_5185354278141820_7266744528458833696_n.jpg
    271445601_5185354278141820_7266744528458833696_n.jpg
    92.8 KB · Views: 70
if you're married to your tech-diving buddy, multiply those totals by two
FIFY. I've been instructed, "What's good for the goose is good for the gander." 😬

Last dive before I got grounded was 43, coldest 31, warmest around here I think around 70.

I look forward and dread if mine decides to dive. Buying a wetsuit every 6 months once he hits puberty will get expensive
We lucked out on this, the benefits of having friends that own dive shops. We were able to grab one of their rentals until he quit growing.

We lucked out on this, the benefits of having friends that own dive shops. We were able to grab one of their rentals until he quit growing.

Already too much like me, I doubt that make standard sizes that will fit. I joined the military at 19 6 foot 2 inches and 125 pounds

Last dive before I got grounded was 43, coldest 31,
Those temps have no meaning for me. I barely know what they mean in the air. Can’t even fathom it in the water.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom