Rec for mask for adult female with small narrow face?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

scubabdref

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
We have a day or two to attempt to shop for a new mask for my GF, she has an old Tusa hyperdry but borrowed a low-volume mask and is hooked and was informed of the downside of purge valves...

Anyway, she has a small, narrow face and some cursory testing in the store showed that many masks didn't seal well with breath suction. Any recommendations from current products ? Clear silicone is desired over opaque. What's the current thinking on best practices re: single lense or two ? She doesn't use correctives.

Thanks !

There are some masks that have “mini” models. I think AquaLung has at least one. Check out the women’s section of the AL website. I think ScubaPro and Atomic, among others, have mini models as well.

It’s a place to start anyway.

Our mask will fit her PERFECTLY and will not leak. Guaranteed or I will refund the money and pay for the return.

How's that for a suggestion! The MAKO Minimus mask fits a huge proportion of divers- so I can make this kind of offer.

Please don't be put off by the low cost, we sell direct with no retail stores or the associated mark up.

We offer three colors,but not a clear skirt. This mask is configured to place the glass so close to your eyes, there is no tunnel effect - which is what some people object to when they wear an opaque skirt mask.

https://www.makospearguns.com/Minimus-Mini-Freedive-Mask-p/mmm.htm

MMM-2T.jpg

Thanks

Dano

Try the Atomic Aquatic Framless in a medium. I have a very small head and narrow face and this is the only mask that works for me. I bought spares through fear they'd stop making it. I prefer a black skirt as it stops what can be annoying extraneous light entering the mask. I also prefer single lense, the field of view tends to be wider. All clear skirt masks go yellow eventually.

+1 for the Mako Minimus. I bought one for my wife who has a thin face, and one as a spare for me, who has a wider, more rounded face. To my surprise, that mask fit both of us equally well, with no leaking, and I now use the Mako as my primary mask. As Dano said, you can't go wrong with his guaranteed fit or your money back. P.S. I have no financial or other interest in the Mako company.

Two “go to” choices in my shop for trying on a smaller face:
Cressi Lince is a slighter smaller skirt version of the Matrix.
Cressi Big Eyes Evolution fits a wide variety of faces, and is my best seller.
Mares also makes a couple. MID seems to be a common nomenclature for the smaller masks, so try that in your searches.

thanks all, we went to a shop in Oahu and got a nice ScubaPro which she's happy with. Person from Mako, thank you for your info, we just didn't have time to check that out.

Back
Top Bottom