Rebreathers

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Manni Im not arguing at all, its simply a discussion...what Im really getting at is the card is a generic ccr card, if you go to buy another CCR and you have a Generic CCR card, are they going to refuse to sell it to you? I don't know the answer to that other than to say I did checkout dives with a draeger diver and he didn't have to attend the build and tear down sessions he just did the check out dives with us. I don't think we are saying very different things so again to me its simply dialogue.
Yes other manufacturers are going to refuse to sell you a complete unit unless you have key pieces shipped to an instructor who's doing a cross over for you.

You could buy a used CCR but plan on having a hard time buying parts from the manufacturer. Manufacturers keep a list of divers certified on their units and are only going to sell you parts or service if you are certified on their CCR by instructors they have vetted.

Before you buy one, they are an insane death trap as evidenced by the numbers of very experienced divers killed in shallow water by them. After you have bought one, theyre safer than OC and anyone who doesn't think the problem's with the diver is an idiot. Just sayin...

Before you buy one, they are an insane death trap as evidenced by the numbers of very experienced divers killed in shallow water by them. After you have bought one, theyre safer than OC and anyone who doesn't think the problem's with the diver is an idiot. Just sayin...

Its actually a fair point!!!

Also indicative of my CCR opinion both before and after buying one!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom