Rebreather Training: How Long?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Jill Heinerth

RebreatherPro
ScubaBoard Supporter
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
How long does it take to do a ccr rebreather class?
Answer: Most rebreather classes take about five days to complete, but it is far better to focus on achieving objectives and building competency rather than planning for a minimum duration to complete a class. Your instructor will work with you to develop skills and will expect mastery of academic and in-water activities before offering a certification card. --Jill Heinerth

More here.

Attachments

• Int_043.jpg
    Int_043.jpg
    52.1 KB · Views: 69
Last edited:
I can't agree more!!! My wife and I couldn't take a whole week to do our Inspiration course so our instructor had class for us only on the weekends. It took a lot longer but we never felt rushed to finish. Best scuba class I've ever taken even if it was in cold Ohio quarries.

Time between classes helps a lot. The ability to absorb, reflect, modify kit, practice and sometimes physically heal helps the learning process quite a bit. Sometimes stretching a class to seven days helps. In all, instruction in content and "process skill" rich courses is helped by time in between. Not easy stuff, for the uninitiated.

X

It does not matter how special your mother told you that you are compared to the other children. Even if you are a highly experienced open circuit technical diver, there is a significant adjustment that you will go through in your transition to rebreather diver. This takes time. So, expect it and get ready to spend the time making the adjustment.

There will be more time required for taking care of your rebreather after each day of diving, and then there will be time needed to test your unit and to prepare it for the next day's dive. You might also have to adjust and change out some parts to make your rebreather suited for your diving. All of this will take some time, too.

Knowing that additional time will be required, I have expanded my instructional class to a longer time frame. Rather than subjecting students to several "marathon" days, I prefer to slow the pace and shorten the days during initial training. This is well worth it.

Back
Top Bottom