Rebreather info

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Mike Veitch:
why not DSLR?!?! you techie you!
Toys that can't kill you are BOOOORRRRRIIINNNGGGGGGG. :D

(with the exception of parachutes and base jumping. I'm not suicidal.)

Halthron:
Toys that can't kill you are BOOOORRRRRIIINNNGGGGGGG. :D

(with the exception of parachutes and base jumping. I'm not suicidal.)
Go ahead and show the receipt from D2X and Seacam housing to your wife... see if she doesn't kill you.... :wink:

moose_hk:
I have this opinion with ~400 hours on rebreathers.
...but 0 hours on a megalodon...:06:

wedivebc:
heh heh.... damn Canadians.....

Go on!

Mike Veitch:
Go ahead and show the receipt from D2X and Seacam housing to your wife... see if she doesn't kill you.... :wink:
Naw, she'd borrow it. They seem to run about as much as a Meg.

What would get me killed is buying it and losing it. Good thing I can barely take pics, no temptation for the high end stuff.

wedivebc:

No plans to get more than 0 hours either :D

I have looked at megalodon and I don't see it as an improvement over any other similarly designed unit (most CCR are essentially the same boring unit - OTS "clutterlungs" and tube at the back with the scrubber and PO2 monitoring). What I don't like about most rebreathers (other than the MK15) is the sensor placement - all are prone to moisture buildup. With PO2 monitoring being so important in CCR I consider this a major failing. You can't beat the millions of dollars that went into designing the MK15 as a spin off of the space programme that protects the sensors from moisture - if you don't believe me ask Richard Pyle which RB's sensor placement he likes best.

Graham

moose_ :
No plans to get more than 0 hours either :D

I have looked at megalodon and I don't see it as an improvement over any other similarly designed unit (most CCR are essentially the same boring unit - OTS "clutterlungs" and tube at the back with the scrubber and PO2 monitoring). What I don't like about most rebreathers (other than the MK15) is the sensor placement - all are prone to moisture buildup.
With PO2 monitoring being so important in CCR I consider this a major failing. You can't beat the millions of dollars that went into designing the MK15 as a spin off of the space programme that protects the sensors from moisture - if you don't believe me ask Richard Pyle which RB's sensor placement he likes best.

Graham

That is one nice load of BS you have there, sure some CCR's do have a bit of moisture build up on the sensor face, AP units as an example. It is obvious you are bias towards one unit. And I don’t have any problem with that, but maybe you should take off the blinkers and have a look sideways....

I have NEVER had any moisture on the PRISM cells, nor seen any significant build up on the Megs. It will be interesting to see how the Eagle and the Mk15.5's being produced by ColKan do.

Edit : Moose if you are "Fully DIRed up" as your profile suggests, then what are you doing anywhere near a CCR? As for them being dangerous as your pervious post mentions. I would suggest they are only as dangerous as the person strapped into them. I use my CCR's for all my diving and there is no way known you would ever get me back on OC! Would rather not dive at all than have to strap on a Cold, Noisy Bubble Maker again.

Cheers
Chris

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom