Rebreather Death @ Bainbridge, PA

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Mike,

I took the liberty of posting your first hand account of the accident on Tech Diver and got this response back:

Take it for what it is worth....

Dear Daniel,

I was very much saddened to see there has been another fatality, my deepest thoughts are with the family.

I was intimately involved in the first fatal Inspiration accident, and have involvement in most of the other incidents. I have a large body of information on the unit and the points that the manufacturers do not want you to know about. My emails have been blocked when I have tried to post details on to forums to let people what is going on.

Are you able to get my contact details to the author of the post you forwarded to tech diver, or to someone involved? I would like to offer my services and the information I have gathered over the last four years.

AP valves are VERY slippery but need to stand up and take responsibility for these deaths.

Yours,
Lisa Scott

Fax/ answerphone +44 1487 842216
home email Lisa3@chek.com

Mike,

I'm sorry to hear you lost a friend. Thank you for posting the details. Too often, these accidents remain secret, fueling meaningless speculation on the Internet and the diving community is never able to learn the real facts that might help prevent future tragedies.

My condolences to you and Bobby Barrett's family.

Ralph

Mike, Please know that our prayers are with you and Bobby's family and friends. May God watch over all of us.

well i am sorry to hear of the diver lost but again I am going to open up a can of beans per say , my brothers both of which are navy divers we had this descussion several months ago
one rebreathers are very bed and can be very harmfull
personally feel they should not be in sport diving , but there again are many who would disagree again my personall thoughts and I am so sorry for the loss of life

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom