Reasonable hotel/motel near Delray?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Web Monkey

Omniheurist
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
# of dives
I just don't log dives
Anybody know of a reasonable hotel/motel near Delray?

I'm looking for a clean room, comfortable bed and a working TV and shower, however everything I've seen is north of $150/night.

Thanks!

Terry

There's a lot more motel-type stuff a little north in Boynton Beach or Lantana. Although it's outrageously expensive, take a walk through the grounds of Sundy House on Swinton just south of Atlantic in Delray Beach. No charge, and the pool and landscaping there will make your eyes pop out.

Well... This time of year is "high season" you probably won't find too much better. Our friends just paid $200 to stay at a Holiday Inn Express! Yikes.

If you look more inland, rather than close to the ocean... like maybe a 10 - 15 minute drive in... you might find a cheaper place to stay.

If you're looking for waterfront, it's tough. February/March is the highest part of season, and you'd be competing with Spring Break families on vacation.....=$$$$. If you'd go further south @ 20 minutes to @ Deerfield Beach (about two towns south), you might find some of those smaller Old Florida kinds of places. I've stayed at a cute little place down there; doing an internet search seems to show it's being changed over to another name, but info as below:

Sunrider Beach Resort/formerly Rettger Resorts Beach Club

Deerfield Beach, FL Hotel, Motel
100 N.E. 20th Terr.
Deerfield Beach, FL 33441

Local Phone: 954-427-7900
Toll Free U.S./Canada: 888-738-8437
Fax: 954-427-7978

Located on the beach. Rooms, efficiencies and suites with an unparalleled view of the ocean. Near restaurants, shopping and attractions. Continental breakfast, heated pool, BBQ grills, in-room data ports.
Directions: I-95 to Hillsboro Blvd. east to A1A. Left one block turn right on N.E. 1st St. to end. Resort straight ahead.
Rates:
Rates on Request
01/01/2006 to 12/31/2006: $79 - 249 daily

I'd guess, though, that right now would be at the high end of that range.......... the website I wound up finding it on again is here: http://www.superiorsmalllodging.com/moreinfo.php?ZID23=6941&page=wherestay&ClassID=1

seems to have lots of listing for these small places....maybe you can find something there.......best of luck; let us know if you're in town and diving..........

Thanks everybody!

I'll take a look!

Terry

Terry,
We have stayed at this hotel on some stays and its close to all! And they will work with you on rate,call! ask for a good rate!
Best Western Off Federal In Boca Raton,I think they list it as "University Inn", Fair rates and clean and neat!! and a great breakfast feed !
My 2 cents.
Brad
PS=
WOW we all loved your PIZZA!
will have to try a few more things off your web site!
Tanks!

Glad you liked it!

Did you make the dough too?

Terry

PS. you just made me hungry for pizza, and I'm at work. :cool:

moneysavr:
Terry,
We have stayed at this hotel on some stays and its close to all! And they will work with you on rate,call! ask for a good rate!
Best Western Off Federal In Boca Raton,I think they list it as "University Inn", Fair rates and clean and neat!! and a great breakfast feed !
My 2 cents.
Brad
PS=
WOW we all loved your PIZZA!
will have to try a few more things off your web site!
Tanks!

Dough,Sauce,
MMMMMMMMMMM!
the crust was just the way I love it,
you just have to do it! it takes time but well worth it,
Brad

It turns out we can stay with relatives in Delray!

So, who wants to go diving on Friday March 31st? :cool:

Terry

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom