Really interested in the Texas Clipper

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Guba

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I'm very interested in locating dive operators who will be chartering to the Texas Clipper after it's reefed off the coast of Texas in March. My group and I aren't planning to dive there until about June, and I'm probably running a bit late to plan for even that. The demand is certain to be pretty high about then, I'm sure.
Of course, I'm confident that our hearty crew of SB'ers will be able to come up with a plethora of competent, friendly, affordable, knowlegable, and reliable operators who can help us out with this.
Any suggestions I should discuss with the folks going? For example, we will NOT be penetrating. However, do you suggest taking a specialty course before we go? If so, specifically which one. If not, what other words of wisdom can you offer?
Thanks in advance for anything you can provide. See ya'll on the wreck!

Our dive club is set up to be the first public charter out there, hopefully in early April. I think there are only two charters down there, only one I really know of is American Diving.

It will be a deep dive, with bottom at about 130 feet and upper levels about 70 feet. It will be an advanced dive. As for specialties, I'd recommend Nitrox for sure. You also want to have some deep (~100') diving experience and the Deep specialty is one way to get started.

Back
Top Bottom