reality check on grand turk

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Do you mean that in order to shore dive, you can either swim out a half hour, or take a one way boat trip and swim back?[/QUOTE]

That is about the size of it , you can explore the shallows closer to the beach , it is 20 feet or less but there are coral heads and things to see , but once you have seen the reef and the wall you just want to get out there .
The boat drop off after lunch is great , they drop you off right over the 40 foot area of the reef , you can do the wall or stay on the top which is breathtaking .
We turned around with 1500 and made the beach in about half an hour .
I only did the swim out and back once as I wanted to save energy for boat dives .
You will not be disapointed with Grand Turk Wall . The Island has a great vibe . People are nice , even the drug dealers are polite , I would return in a heartbeat .
Just wish the reef was a little closer in or I would say it is the best site out there .

Thanks again, Lloyd. One other question: The website says that there are 2-tank boat dives in the morning. Do they also offer afternoon boat dives?

As mentioned earlier, DO take a day and go to Salt Cay and Dive with Ollie. We stayed on Salt Cay and dove will Ollie all week. Great wall with so much sea life. We were there in March and got to see many Humpback whales too. Heard them singing on most dives....Awesome!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom